Finally…back to some fabric stuff!!!
An interesting process called the “Undye” was posted on the blog “…And Then We Set it on Fire” last week. Of course I had to try it!
This is one of two pieces that I created on cotton using this process:
I was invited to do a follow-up guest post on the “Fire” blog about how I made this piece(plus one more piece) and you can find it here. So please go visit and see how it is done….and while you are there check out all the other amazing techniques for fabric surface design.
I am thinking I might make a case for my new Ipad mini 2(I get it next week!!) with this piece of fabric along with some other shibori pieces. I will add some hand stitching and free motion quilting, sew it all together…..and voila… Check back in a week or two to see how it looks!