A mixed media project this week in conjunction with Carla Sonheim..printing out a photo on t-shirt transfer paper and then making watercolour dots around the photo.
I chose this photo of one of my antique duck decoys:
Unfortunately my printer seemed to get colours confused probably because it was running out of ink…so it printed some of the orange as pink. But I took this as a sign and used pink and orange watercolour paint, as well as dark blue watercolour paint to make some dots. The result is a very strange-looking piece of mixed media:
Too many dots!! Too many colours of dots!! The watercolour seems to react differently where the photo printed too. I didn’t want to get too close to the duck in case the watercolour spread onto the duck so the dots are pretty sparse in the center.
I placed some coloured mats on top to hide most of the dots and it looks a bit better:
Still pretty silly looking(my dots don’t look anything like the pretty dots that Carla achieves for this lab in the book)…..
Not my favorite lab….but for next week’s lab we get to smash things up…so that should be fun.