Finally- a day of sun and moderate temperatures…so that means SUNPRINTING!!
I managed to get 4 prints made before the clouds appeared, and they are, in no particular order posted below. The purple one got an unexpected texture: it was still slightly damp and the leaf edges were beginning to bleed, so I threw it into the dryer to quickly dry the cotton. Well, the fabric must have attached to the drum, so I got some lovely circles on it(upper right corner). Cool. And I love the bug-chomped leaves too…
For some reason the yellow Setacolor isn’t working very well(have I mentioned this before??). I guess I have to try a different yellow from them.
Aren’t the dots cool?? Hopefully it didn’t damage/dye the dryer. I guess I better put a load through before George washes his white t-shirts….just in case- I won’t care if my stuff comes out pale lavender but he might.
A bit of a mish-mash for the multicoloured one above..but boy do the little elder leaves print nicely.
I tried to create a landscape effect.
Just a subtle blend of orange and pink.
So, now I have lots of fabric to play with to make my mini-wallets and maybe even a kindle cover or two or maybe even a triple-zip.
Planning ahead is needed: I must order more PFD fabric from http://www.dharmatrading.com/ since it is apparently going to be nice in 5-6 days again(just as George goes back to work) and I only have enough for 1 more sunprint………and luckily for me they sell the Setacolor paints too.