Finally, a bit of sun, so I did some sunprinting, and then I did some sunprinting combined with gelli-printing.
I collected lots of interesting leaves on my walk with Stewie through Bunn’s Creek this morning(and walked by a house that was destroyed by fire a few hours later—scary!).
This afternoon, I did some usual sunprinting with orange and green transparent acrylics. I tried some grasses this time, and really like the way they turned out.
This gives a much more interesting background…with textures and a watercolour like effect. I posted a few of these last summer too, but since taking a few gelli-plate classes, I now know more texture processes(see here for more info: http://acolorfuljourney.com)
Since I had my gelli-plate out, I did some printing onto fabric and paper using leaves as resists on the gelli-plate. This technique is being featured on another blog:
I actually used a failed sunprint, and gelli-printed on top of it(twice) with an alder leaf(I think) and got an interesting piece that is just perfectly sized for a fabric postcard. I will add batting behind the leaf-print and trim excess batting away to give a trapunto look, and then quilt the background on some Peltex for the postcard. Some purple/pink threads will highlight the leaf perfectly. I love the way the 2 printings didn’t line up perfectly: