finished(again) grackle case

Not happy with the grackle case I posted yesterday- the topstitching looked sloppy. So after an hour of “reverse stitching” (thanks Elizabeth!) with my seam ripper I got all the topstitching out.

I realized I don’t really need any topstitching- the fabric won’t be going anywhere! So all I did was sew the 2 short side seams to make the pocket and voila…done!

One thing I did forget to mention is that I tried a new-to-me thread for FMQ. It is called InvisaFil made by WonderFil Speciality Threads and I loved it… it is a “cottonized” polyester that is silky smooth and it burrows right down into the fabric. The thread is hard to see so the major effect is the texture created by  the micro-stippling and this was on a fusible fleece which usually doesn’t show texture much. Even I was impressed.

Advertisements

Please leave a comment. I would love to know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s