Kindle Cover Completed

After a few deliberations I decided to make my Kindle cover using some of my own fabric! The fabric was based on a photo that I took of a grackle when I was in Phoenix this past summer- I played with the image in PSE and then printed a test swatch of cotton fabric with Spoonflower. I combined it with a purchased orange print batik by simply misty-fusing a few of the grackles onto the batik. After the cover was constructed I then free-motion quilted the edges through all the layers to secure the fusing .

The actual kindle cover was a combination of a few web-based tutorials, mostly using one from the blog Sewing Novice: http://sewingnovice.com/2011/12/07/kindle-case-tutorial/. And it was very easy to sew as the blog name would suggest!

So here it is:

And this shows the inside(I used velcro instead of the magnetic snaps in the tutorial):

I have to admit that I love my grackle!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Kindle Cover Completed

Please leave a comment. I would love to know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s